Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter thoughts....

Heretical thoughts, as it turns out.

I remember hearing about the resurrection of Jesus I was very young, maybe 5 or 6, I suppose. And I also remember, at the time, thinking, "How does everyone know that Jesus came back alive and got out of the cave himself? Why can't someone have just gone in and stolen his body?"

And I think that is still a valid question. That is, if the entire thing of resurrection is to believed anyway. There are some biblical scholars who believe that entire episode might have been added into the Bible at a later date. However, that aside, my first reaction to finding something missing after it was there the day before is, "Hey, someone stole it!" I am not sure why everyone just seemed to leap on the entire resurrection story immediately. That is, of course, unless those same people were the ones who had a stake in selling the idea that Jesus was the Son of God.

Happy Easter.

No comments: